Just as theory underpins nursing practice, so too does theory support and inspire educational practice. Educational theories provide nurse educators with a unique lens for the development and evaluation of learning experiences. As a nurse educator, it is imperative that you become familiar with the theories that will help to drive your curriculum.
In this week’s Discussion, you explore three* pedagogies that are well known in the field of education: andragogy, Gagne’s Nine Events of Instruction, and constructivism. Though andragogy and constructivism are essentially theories of learning and Gagne’s Nine Events of Instruction is thought to be a model of learning, each is also referred to as pedagogy, or the practice and science of teaching.
· Review Chapter 2, “Theoretical Basis of E-Learning,” and Chapter 3, “Instructional Design for E-Learning in Nurse Education,” of the Bristol and Zerwekh course text. Reflect on the ways nurse educators use pedagogies to guide the development of curricula.
· Search the Internet to locate a learning experience that adheres to the following guidelines:
o The learning experience is described in detail through a step-by-step Lesson Plan, lesson summary, or an online video.
o The learning experience is representative of nursing curriculum (i.e., the lesson teaches a technical skill or concept that could be beneficial to nursing students, staff, or patients).
o You are able to share the learning experience with colleagues via a Word Document, PDF, hyperlink, or another method.
· Search the Walden Library as well as other reputable sites to locate one scholarly article related to the use of your assigned pedagogy. Consider how your article and your assigned pedagogy are applicable to the education of nursing students, staff, and/or patients. Conduct further research as needed.
· Examine your selected learning experience through the lens of your assigned pedagogy.
o Is this pedagogy implicitly or explicitly used in this lesson?
o If you were the instructor, how might you integrate (or further include) this pedagogy to enhance the learning experience?
Questions to be addressed in my paper:
1. A brief description of the learning experience that you found online.
2. Identify your assigned pedagogy which is the andragogy and explain whether/how it was evident throughout this lesson.
3. Describe at least one way that you might use the andragogy to enhance the learning experience. Justify your response by citing references to your selected scholarly article. At the close of your post, provide an APA citation* for both your article and learning experience.
*Attach a Word Document or PDF of your selected learning experience if you are unable to provide a stable hyperlink in your APA citation.
1) 1-2 pages (addressing the 3 questions above excluding the title page and reference page).
2) Kindly follow APA format for the citation and references! References should be between the period of 2011 and 2016. Please utilize the references at least three below as much as possible and the rest from yours.
3) Make headings for each question.