Describe a patient with a genitourinary symptom or group of symptoms; such as incontinence, burning on urination, irregular menses, pain in the scrotum, erectile dysfunction, and so on. Do not limit yourself to these; for example, there are different types of incontinence.
- What questions would you ask as part of your focused assessment?
- What history might be associated with the symptom, if any?
- What are the known risk factors for this condition?
- What physical examination techniques would you use?
- What patient education would you give to the patient?
- Find a nursing journal article about these symptoms.