Choose one area of the head and neck and then select a common complaint (symptom or group of symptoms) patients may have in that area. For example, you may select headaches, earaches, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), sinus drainage and pain, sore throat and cough, and so on. Do not limit yourself to these examples.
- What questions would you ask as part of your focused assessment?
- What history would be associated with the symptom?
- What are the risk factors for this condition?
- What physical examination techniques would you use?
- What patient education would you give the patient?
- Find a nursing journal article about this symptom or condition.