At the close of every quarter, you and your fellow students are asked to complete an evaluation form on your courses. The questions are usually simple in format but require you to evaluate many factors that influenced your learning experience. From the quality of your Instructor to the workload and engagement of weekly assignments, you are asked to provide your honest opinion about your learning experience. As a student, you should take great care when answering these questions because they are used to adapt, refine, and improve the learning experiences offered to you and to future students. As a nurse educator, you should take great care in selecting the evaluation approach that best aligns with your curriculum and your setting. As there are many approaches to evaluation, collaborating with other educators within the parent institution or agency is also a must.
· Review this week’s Learning Resources to explore the diverse evaluation models nurse educators can use to evaluate the quality of their curriculum. Specifically focus on Chapter 16, “Program Evaluation,” in the Keating text.
Questions to be addressed in my paper:
1. Consider why nurse educators might employ an eclectic approach that combines one or more of the following evaluation models: conceptual, benchmarking, evaluation process, formative, and summative.
2. Reflect on your Course Project (Doctor of Nursing Science for Arizona State University). Consider the internal and external factors that influence your setting, as well as the needs of the learner. What approach to evaluation might work best to assess the quality of your team’s proposed Doctor of Nursing Science curriculum? Conduct further research as necessary.
3. An explanation of the evaluation model(s) you would select for your team’s setting (Arizona State University) and why.
4. Describe how the model(s) would help your team collect and analyze data surrounding curriculum quality. Justify your response by providing references to your Course Project and Learning Resources as applicable.
1. Put APA citations and references between 2011 – 2016… References that are below 2010 are obsolete already….
2. At least two pages