Your course text defines evaluation as “a systematic assessment of all components of a program through the application of evaluation approaches, techniques, and knowledge in order to improve the planning, implementation, and effectiveness of programs” (Billings, 2012, p. 503). When carefully constructed, a master plan of evaluation can run like a well-oiled machine. Data are collected, analyzed, and acted upon. When documented correctly, this data can also help institutions and agencies prepare for accreditation.
In this Discussion, you consider the curriculum components you might include in your team’s evaluation plan. You also consider how information gathered about these components can help your team’s setting prepare for accreditation.
Questions to be addressed in my paper:
1. Review Chapter 26, “Systematic Program Evaluation,” in the Billings text. Specifically, examine how Table 28-2 illustrates one piece of an evaluation plan. Then, explore each of the overarching curriculum components nurse educators may choose to evaluate: mission and goals, curriculum organization, course, teaching effectiveness, environment, intervening mechanism, and generalization.
2. Reflect on the evaluation models your team discussed for your Course Project.
3. Consider the curriculum components you could integrate into these evaluation models. How would feedback on these components help your assigned setting improve the quality of the curriculum? In addition, how might this same information help to prepare for accreditation?
4. A brief description of at least two curriculum components you would include in the evaluation model(s) used in your Course Project (Doctor of Nursing Science) and why.
5. Explain how this information, as well as your team’s overall evaluation approach, could help your setting prepare for accreditation, if applicable. Justify your response by providing references to your Course Project and Learning Resources as applicable.
1. Put APA citations and references between 2011 – 2016… References that are below 2010 are obsolete already….
2. At least two pages