A hospital is looking to implement an EHR. It has been suggested that an INS be hired. This position does not involve direct patient care and the administration is struggling with how to justify the position. How can this position be justified?
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. (2015). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett. (ISBN 978-1-284-04351-8)
>300 words, will be check for plagiarism by Turniton
HERE IS THE RESOURCES GIVEN:
Course Title: B404 Nursing Informatics
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the sciences underpinning nursing informatics and their relationship to nursing informatics practice.
- Discuss the evolving roles and competencies of nursing informatics practice.
- Describe how clinical information technologies are and will impact nursing practice.
- Explore how nurses can create and derive clinical knowledge from information systems.
- Speculate on the future of nursing in the context of health informatics.
- Read chapter 6, 7, 8 of your McGonigle and Mastrian textbook.