Project Assignment: Codes of ethics are standards that outline how individuals or groups of people are to act. The healthcare/medical community has its own code of ethics, which is outlined in the American Medical Association’s Code of Medical Ethics. Review the following:
- AMA’s Code of Medical Ethics here:
American Medical Association. (2013). AMA’s code of medical ethics. Retrieved from http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/medical-ethics/code-medical-ethics.page.
- Three local or regional hospitals’ codes of ethics.
- Various scholarly research on healthcare codes of ethics (at least seven additional sources).
Then, prepare your Final Paper by analyzing the issues through these steps:
- Analyze the specific requirements of a code of ethics.
- Identify three critical elements of the AMA’s code that you believe are most important.
- Examine the differences and similarities between the AMA’s Code of Medical Ethics requirements and the code requirements of the three hospitals that you researched.
- Explain why certain individuals and/or groups (please name these) should follow a hospital’s code of ethics.