Think for a moment about nurses who relocate because of professional opportunities. How could such a seemingly personal decision have a detrimental impact on global health care? As presented in this week’s Learning Resources, nurse migration is of global concern. In response to this issue, international health care organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Council of Nurses (ICN) have positioned themselves to craft related policy as a solution. This is just one example of a global nursing policy effort.
- With information from the Learning Resources in mind, select a U.S. nursing- or health-related policy.
- Search the web and locate a similar policy in another country.
- Consider how the two policies are similar and dissimilar.
- Was an international organization involved in promoting the policies? If not, should they have been?
Write a minimum of 550 words in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references from the list of required readings below. Include the level one headings as numbered below”
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Post information on the nursing or health-related policies you located including a reference to the source.
2) Indicate the country you are comparing to the U.S. (Only choose any of the countries mentioned in the articles in the list of required reading below:
3) Compare and contrast the two policies. What insights did you gain as a result of this comparison?
4) What is the role of international organizations in developing policy? Provide a specific example.