tyle=”text-align: justify;”>Disparities in rural health
The ICP is the culminating academic endeavor of nursing students who earn a baccalaureate degree in nursing from Ohio University. The project provides students with the opportunity to explore a problem or issue of particular professional interest that is somehow related to one of the following nursing QSEN competencies: patient-centered care, teamwork/collaboration, evidence based practice, quality improvement, safety or informatics (QSEN: http://www.qsen.org). Each of the QSEN competencies somehow link to nursing excellence. For your project you will need to:
1. Select an issue/problem that you have a professional interest in. Example: Disparities in rural health care
2. Select a QSEN competency that relates to that problem. Example: Example: EBP
3. Select a health care organization that can help support your issue: Example: IOM
4. Develop a global objective: Example: At the completion of this project I will have developed a Journal Club for nursing education related to health care disparities.
5. Develop at least four project objectives: Example:
a. I will develop a survey to be sent out to all health care providers related to knowledge of disparities.
b. I will distribute survey to all health care providers.
c. I will review survey results and present to Nursing Operations Manager (NOM).
d. I will develop a monthly calendar of topics based on the survey results with NOM approval.
6. Develop possible resources needed to help meet your goals/objectives.
a. Meet with educator or physician champion to research need for education of health disparities.
b. Review IOM Quality Chasm and to Err is Human reports for resource date.
c. Meet with NOM to approve project plan.
d. Meet with research methodologist to help develop survey.
This assignment is the first of five assignments to complete your Indirect Clinical Project (ICP). Each weekly assignment will build upon the last one. It is very important that you follow the directions carefully and review your teachers document/grading rubric for comments so that you can improve each week.