1. What has been the standard of practice for maintaining a calm,
clean, and quiet nursing safe environment?: A Clinical Update
• Consider the concept of the calm environment
• Consider the concept of the clean environment
• Consider the concept of the quiet environment
2. What is the standard of practice in the rescuing of patients who have a returned of spontaneous circulation after a successful pulseless arrest?: A Clinical Update
• Interventions in the patient with returned of spontaneous circulation from A-systole and or Pulse Electrical Activity
• Interventions in the patient with returned of spontaneous circulation from Ventricular Fibrillation
• Interventions in the patient with returned of spontaneous circulation from Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia
5. Conclusion of the Literature Review. When concluding the information gathered what determination can be made about the evidence gathered moving forward in building a research question. What may need to be investigated in the present or future?……………………………………………………..10 Points (Two Pages)
6. Write on Final Paragraph concerning a potential research question and or performance improvement concern you came up with when connecting the literature to your area of practice…………………………………………… 10 Points( One Page)
7. Reference List: APA format, research articles that are peered reviewed within the past five years, expert opinion to quantitative and qualitative analysis……..10 Points
• Evidence may be presented over five years if the literature continues to impact present practice
• Expert Opinion: Best Practices to Randomized Trials and Systematic Reviews
• See Levels of Evidence in the Week One of Angel NUR 3165
• Five articles in the reference three of them research literature 3 Quantitative and 1 Qualitative, 1 Best Practice and or Expert Opinion Ex: World Health Organization and or Registered Nurses Association of Ontario Best Practice
Helpful Hints to Write the Paper
Purpose of a Literature Review
The purpose of a literature review is to:
1. Enable the student to develop skills to search, read, interpret and summarize the literature on a particular subject.
2. Enable the student to select a topic; the focus of the topic should be related to nursing practice phenomena.
3. Determine what is known and not known about a subject, concept or problem in the area of nursing practice.
4. Determine gaps, consistencies and inconsistencies in the literature about a subject, concept or problem in nursing practice.
5. Generate potential useful research questions/ EBP projects/activities for the nursing discipline.
6. Identify a new practice intervention, or provide evidence for changing a practice intervention.
7. Enable the student to develop a research question and/or provide discussion on the relevance of the literature review findings to nursing practice concern in the American healthcare system.